Theodore Payne Foundation Mission & Goals
Theodore Payne Foundation inspires and educates Southern Californians about the beauty and ecological benefits of California native plant landscapes.
Strategic Goals and Objectives for 2020+
Goal: Normalize native plant landscapes.
• The public values and expects to see native plants.
• Gardeners know how to use native plants.
• Students are knowledgeable about native plants.
Goal: Engage and educate a larger and more diverse audience.
• TPF reaches a larger audience via its education and volunteer programs.
• Home gardeners convert to and maintain native plant landscapes.
• Students experience native plants at schools and in their region.
• TPF engages a more diverse audience.
Goal: Increase the presence of TPF and native plants throughout our geographic area.
• People throughout our region learn from TPF programs.
• Partnerships extend TPF’s reach.
• Native plants are widely available.
• Exemplary native plant landscapes are highly visible throughout our region.
Goal: Expand our influence on the landscape industry.
• TPF is a widely recognized industry asset.
• TPF training is the industry standard.
Goal: Influence public policy and practice.
• Government entities seek council from and partner with TPF.
• Landscape practices shift through changes in policy.