Ceanothus 'Frosty Blue'
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Ceanothus 'Frosty Blue'
Common Name: 'Frosty Blue' CA Lilac
- Introduced by Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden. Excellent medium size shrub, highly recommended. Tolerates clay soils and garden conditions. Handles pruning very well.
- Plant Family: Rhamnaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 6-10' H x 8' W
- Growth Habit: Upright, dense
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full to part sun
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Occasional to moderate
- Cold Hardy to: 15 degrees F
- Flower Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Light blue
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: Selected for the garden
- Natural Habitat: Hybrid of C. thrysiflorus and C. arboreus
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names