Spend the afternoon with TPF Board President DJ Peterson in the Peterson/Nadeau garden! Learn about the goals, design, and upkeep of the garden, share fall gardening plans, and get the latest TPF news.
Sunday in the Garden extends TPF’s Native Plant Garden Tour to spotlight exceptional native plant gardens year round. Each visit includes conversations with homeowners and/or designers, and plenty of time for exploration and socializing.
About the Garden:
A former medical building near downtown is now a private residence with a landscape designed to restore urban habitat in a modernist style. A streetside garden with native shrubs and non-native foxtail agave stands up to car and pedestrian traffic. Sages surround a sun-drenched upper terrace with clusters of cacti and succulents. The back patio leads to an asphalt parking lot where white sage, lemonadeberry, and deergrass thrive. Uncommon natives include saffron buckwheat, Ken Taylor flannel bush, and pink-flowering sumac (from Baja California).
This is an in-person event. To help protect our hosts and community, we respectfully ask that you read and follow these safety protocols:
- Wear a mask that securely covers your nose and mouth. Masks are mandatory at all times in the garden.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from other attendees.
- Do not attend if you or someone from your household is feeling sick.
- Wash/Sanitize your hands before you visit.
- Restrooms will be unavailable.
- To minimize shared food handling, attendees are welcome to bring snacks or drinks for personal consumption.
Registration is limited to 15 guests. The program will be held outdoors.
The address will be sent to attendees two days before the event. Parking is available in the homeowners’ lot or nearby on Beverly Blvd.