Theodore Payne Foundation inspires and educates Southern Californians about the beauty and ecological benefits of California native plant landscapes.
There are many ways to contribute to Theodore Payne Foundation’s important mission. Memberships and donations fund our many programs. Volunteers help run the nursery and assist with educational and outreach programs, while increasing and sharing their knowledge of California’s unique flora. Many Southern Californian open their native plant gardens to the public during our annual Native Plant Garden Tour. Others share their wild flower explorations on the Wild Flower Hotline, and some even donate seed collected from their home gardens.
Your support of our activities makes our programs possible and we could not do it without you. Thank you!
Ways to give:
- Contribute online
- Donate your car, truck, or RV to TPF! Our trusted service (careasy.org) makes sure your vehicle is easily and properly handled, and that you get your tax deduction. Just search for Theodore Payne Foundation under “Find A Non-Profit.”
- Gifts of stocks and bonds can be one of the most advantageous ways of contributing. Benefits of giving this way include bypassing capital gains taxes, claiming the full value of the gift as a charitable deduction, and making a larger gift than if you first sold the securities and then donated the proceeds. Simply ask your broker to transfer the assets to Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers & Native Plants, Inc., DTC: 0062 (Vanguard) Account Number: 69243825
- If you are over 70 years of age, you may be able to able to avoid taxes if you’re drawing from a traditional IRA by donating to Theodore Payne Foundation. Ask your tax professional for advice.
- The new tax law encourages giving of $25,000 or more. Consider making a significant cash gift to TPF! We would be happy to explore ways you could invest in TPF programs, staff, and facilities.
- Many companies will match cash donations and some match volunteer hours (aka “Dollars for Doers”). Check matchinggifts.com/unh to see if your employer will match your gift, or ask your HR department if there’s a matching gift program at your company.
- Stipulate Theodore Payne Foundation as a beneficiary in your will. Ask your estate planner for advice.
- Name Theodore Payne Foundation as a beneficiary on your 401(k) or IRA. Most asset management firms enable you to do this online by listing your beneficiary as the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers & Native Plants, Tax ID #95-6095398.