California Native Plant Landscaper Certificate Program
The California Native Plant Landscaper Certificate Program is a vocational training program designed for landscape professionals. Developed by top California native plant experts, it gives students the tools they need to successfully manage CA native plants and CA-friendly gardens. During the pilot phase of this program, the entire nine-class curriculum is FREE for professional landscapers and gardeners. At the end of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion and learn tools for using their knowledge and skills to promote their business.
If you are interested in participating in this free program, please fill out this short survey.
- 100% FREE
- Flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Available in English and Spanish
- Comes with FREE set of Native Plant Flashcards as well as materials for you to promote your certificate
- Broaden your client base
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Increase profits
- Build professional credibility
- Help usher LA into a new sustainable future
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to identify native and California-friendly plants
- Irrigation efficiency
- Garden evaluation
- Weed and pest management
- About the LADWP Rebate program and how it can create new business opportunities
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
This pilot program is offered by the Theodore Payne Foundation in partnership with California Native Plant Society, and the US Green Building Council Los Angeles. This project is generously supported by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Community Partnerships Program.