Dear Theodore Payne Foundation Community:
We are shocked and saddened by the news of Covid-19 (Coronavirus). Please know that we are monitoring the situation closely and following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) recommendations. We have some updates to share with you now. As the situation progresses and we evaluate conditions, we will update this post.
- The Sales Yard remains open. We have implemented new protocols to minimize risk. We are regularly sterilizing nursery carts, door handles, counter surfaces, and other high-touch areas. Our sales team will not be shaking hands with customers and will maintain safe distance (one meter) from customers and other staff members. Staff members who feel any sign of sickness are not coming to work.
- The Poppy Day sale discounts will be extended from the original Poppy Day (March 21) to include four additional days (March 23-27). If you are concerned about crowds, we recommend shopping on these additional days to receive the same discounts as Poppy Day.
- Classes on Saturday, March 14, are planned to go on, as expected. These are small group classes, where maintenance of safe distance will be feasible. We will ensure that all tables, desks, and work areas are sterilized prior to classes.
- We are evaluating other upcoming events on a case by case basis.
- We are closely following recommendations from LACDPH, and will make changes to these plans in accordance with their guidelines.
We will closely monitor this situation and change our plans, as needed, to ensure the safety of our community. Our thoughts are with those directly affected by this situation. In this frightening time, we hope that you may find solace in your garden, in nature and with California native plants.
Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers & Native Plants